Thursday, October 27, 2005

Poor Exxon

From AOL's Business News:

To put Exxon 's performance into perspective, its third quarter revenue was greater than the annual gross domestic product of some of the largest oil producing nations, including the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait. The world's largest publicly traded oil company also set a profit record for U.S. companies by posting net income of almost $10 billion, according to Standard & Poor's equity market analyst Howard Silverblatt.


For the QUARTER?

I don't even know how to comment on that. It's so patently obscene. I'm thinking about the poor sick and elderly who won't get any help with their heating bills this winter. I'm thinking about the people trying to stay off welfare who might not be able to afford gas to get back and forth to work. I'm thinking about our Vice President (stress on the VICE) who has his pockets lined by this obscenity. I'm thinking about Jimmy Carter, who warned and pleaded and was called weak and denegrated for caring about the environment. And I'm mad as hell.

No comments: